First off, welcome to my site. I wanted to take a few minutes and introduce myself, what I’m hoping to accomplish with the site and tell you a little bit about the project I’m working on.
My name is Jed and I’m an aspiring internet marketer. I have been in the ‘learning stage’ for a couple of years. I’d jump from one strategy to the next, reading the forums, buying the courses, believing the hype. I think they call that shiny object syndrome. Its an easy trap to get sucked into when things don’t provide results right away or become to difficult, time consuming, expensive…whatever.
Having been a bartender for 15 years I recently decided I wanted to get out of the bar scene. The money is great and I am pretty damn good at what I do. But I have a new family and being out until 4am, coming home half cocked, and sleeping until noon isn’t very conducive to the family lifestyle.
So I quit. But what in the hell was I going to do now. My resume was fucking awesome…If I wanted to be a bartender/bar manager. But it was pretty useless for any other line of work. With limited options I decided I was going to commit myself to internet marketing with the same tenacity that I once had for bartending. This was an easy decision for me. Its a passion. I can spend hours tweaking, learning and building online. Selling it to everyone else was a bit more difficult. I expect it will be until I start showing some income.
So I came up with a plan for internet marketing success and I built this site. My goal here is threefold.
- The website itself is an ongoing case study. Hopefully proof that providing useful and honest content, building relationships, and sticking to it WORK! I will document and display data regarding traffic, income, stats and anything I can think of for this site. As well as the action I took to get those results.
- Back everything up with proof. When I do a review I will be documenting exactly what my process was and what results I obtained. I do not claim to be a expert at anything. Everything I test or try will be open to suggestions, input and questions.
- Help people. I want to take the hype out of internet marketing. This is not a get rich quick game, but it is a business that can afford you great freedoms and great income. I want to provide an honest resource to people wanting to make the jump.
After figuring out what I wanted to do, I drafted a plan on how I was going to do it. That is the project I mentioned at the beginning. In my next post I am going to detail the business plan that I came up with and how I plan on taking this site from ZERO visitors to a successful and valuable part of the online marketing community. I hope you will come with me on this adventure. It should be fun!
Until next time. Jed.
You can view the next post in this series: Internet Marketing Success. Part 2 | Planning
I guess now is as good a time of any to start getting honest…Here are my stats for the day.
Latest posts by jch (see all)
- The Poor Mans Web 2.0 Private Blog Network. (Case Study) - March 24, 2014
- Complete Pandabot.net Walk Through And Tutorial - March 17, 2014
- Pandabot.net Review. What the hell is Pandanot? - March 2, 2014